How Does This Work?

480+ Leaving For College Stock Illustrations, Royalty-Free Vector Graphics  & Clip Art - iStock | College, Moving to college, Leaving home
iStock

In the weeks prior to September 2nd, all I could think about was the impending move across the state to college. I realized how much I needed to cherish the time with my family, and my cat. As I talked with my parents about everything college-related, some of my anxiety was put to rest, but new stressors began to present themselves. I realized how much I really needed to change how I, well, lived. My high school life was as follows: Wake up, go to school, go to work, and go to sleep. I realized I had to add things like going to the library, practicing piano, doing homework, and going to class at different times to my daily schedule. All of these new daily tasks added to the stress of coming to college.

Little did I know, coming to college would actually be the best thing to ever happen to me. I am very grateful for my high school experience, dont get me wrong. The people I call my “high school friends” now, were just amazing and I love them all so much. The thing that has surprised me most about coming to college though, is how close I feel with these new people. I was close with my high school friends obviously, but not anywhere near as close as I feel with people I have know for what, 6 months? How does that work? This has to be because of how fast we found eachother. It does make sense though, becuase we were all in the same boat. Everyone was frantically searching to find friends. Move-in day was when I met them, and we have seen each other practically every singe day since. Being with them that frequently of course is going to make me more comfortable with them. Overall, I ended up falling in with the right people. College has been just a 10/10 experience so far, and I cannot wait to see where the next 4 years takes me and my friends.