College Complications

There are many hurdles that college students have each semester. My hurdles last semester were being away from home and my roommates.  Being away from home was tough because I was away from my family. Seeing my family every day was too much for me, but only seeing them once a month is not enough. It’s nice to hang out with your family sometimes to catch up with each other. Another part of being away from home that is hard is that I don’t get to sleep in my big comfortable bed. Instead of my nice bed at home, I have to sleep in a small, hard bed that makes my back hurt. Lastly, what I miss most is being around my pets. I love my pets a lot, so being away from them is difficult. Most days I want to pet my cat or go play fetch with my dogs. I also will let the dogs sleep in my room when I am home, but when I come back to campus, I miss having my dogs there. 

The second hurdle I faced was my roommates. There are many things that my roommates did that annoyed me. The first thing they did was the way they eat. One of my roommates would always chew with mouth open. It is so disgusting and so loud. I have called them out on it so many times, but they keep it up. The next thing that one of my roommates does is laugh all night while watching television and videos. This wouldn’t be a bad thing, but it wakes me up. Every time they wake me up with their giggling, I tell them to keep quiet. They usually stay quiet after that, but the damage is already done. The last thing that one roommate does is snore. I know they can’t help it, but it still annoys me. This doesn’t affect me quite as much because they usually don’t fall asleep until three a.m., but the times it does affect me, it becomes more difficult for me to sleep.