Online Classes: Perfect or Disaster

Online Classes: Perfect or Disaster

In my first semester, I had a math class that was online, and it wasn’t too bad. I only had to open up my laptop and go to Canvas and watch his lectures that he already had lined up for each day every week.

There wasn’t any meeting that we had to be in, which was good because I just had to write down the notes and listen to the video explaining the formula and how we use it to solve the problems and the math textbook was also online and easy to use.

For example, there are times where I would go ahead to the other lecture and start the notes early, so I would only have to do the homework that’s in the online textbook, also having a bit of free time to do other things that I had for other classes. Another thing was, the tests and exams were open notes, because you know it’s an online class, the only thing that he didn’t want you to do is to have another person helping you.

https://blog.stucred.com/dos-and-donts-of-taking-an-online-class/

There weren’t many cons for my online class. But in general, having online class meetings can be a pain. What I mean is that you are at home and there are many distractions around the house, so you don’t really care about the meeting. For example, I was in an online classroom in Zoom, we were doing notes, and I was just listening and writing, after that I just started to play games on my phone waiting for the next slide to pop up.

And to be honest I wasn’t really listening, I started to play my games and just waited until the next sides were shown on screen. Another thing that other students did, was they just left their Zoom on and left to do other stuff, which baffles me, because they weren’t going to learn anything, and only wasting their money and then end up being unsatisfied with their grades even thought it was their own fault.