Stick With the Good and Drop the Bad

The first semester of my college experience gave me a lot to learn and reflect on. I will use both the good and the bad moving forward. One of the things I will avoid this semester is putting homework off until the last second. Procrastination is something I struggled with back in high school. Procrastination is great until it is the day before the assignment is due and it is nine o’clock at night. I found myself in this spot many times in my first semester, and it led to many late nights. I felt disappointed in myself as I was becoming a slacker, and I knew I could do much better. My goal for this semester has been to complete my assignments as soon as I can after I receive them. This way I will be on top of things and my Sunday nights won’t be consumed by homework.

Pinterest

While procrastination is something I am hoping to avoid this semester, there is something I will look to continue to use. In my first semester, I found out that most professors will help their students, all you must do is ask. In my experience, a good professor is a better resource than any website or AI. When I was struggling to find sources and research information for a final project, I decided to email my professor. The professor scheduled a meeting with me so he could help me with the final. He gave me help on the best way to research and put together a good final project that fits my topic. Because of my professor, I managed to get a good score on the final. So, I will continue to ask my professors for extra help whenever necessary. I will also continue to learn to pick up good and drop the bad habits from my life in college.