Pros and Cons of College

Overall, there have been a lot of positive aspects to college. One of my favorites is how a normal school day is not 8-3 but varies. When I have only two classes per day, it helps me focus on those certain classes and get the assignments done. Another positive aspect is the independence you develop. When you don’t have someone telling you to do your homework, you learn to do it all on your own. Additionally, I have loved the options you get for food, while in high school you only received one option for lunch and you had to eat it. However, my favorite part of college life is how nice all the professors are. I was expecting the professors to be strict and not understanding but in reality they are nicer than a lot of my high school teachers. 

Not only have there been positives, but also there have been negatives. One of my biggest struggles is not having home cooked meals on a daily basis. Although I have enjoyed most of the food I’ve had at college, nothing will beat a home cooked meal. Another struggle is how long the one assignment takes me. In high school, I took a maximum of 20 minutes on a single assignment, but now I take up to 2-3 hours on an assignment. In all my classes, it seems as if I have an essay due all the time. I never have a break after one essay because in multiple classes I always have a paper due. My last struggle is the distance from home. I live 4 hours away and I didn’t realize how difficult that would be for me, but I’ve realized that I miss my family a lot.

Source: https://newsletter.clfportal.org/Blurb/BlurbImages/242257