Top Secret Success Plan for My Freshman Year of College

I would consider myself to have had a good first semester as a freshman at UWGB. I initially didn’t think it would be that way though. During the first few weeks of the semester, I was so overwhelmed with my classes and meeting new people that it completely took me by surprise that I had to change the way I went about school. In high school, I coasted by and was able to get away with not studying, missing a couple of assignments, turning things in late, etc. In college though I quickly realized that it wasn’t the same and that if I wanted to get what I needed from college I had to make some very significant changes. With those changes, I have made myself happy and stable and have given myself what I need to make things work for me. 

The biggest change that I have made is the way I go about my entire day. I have made myself a schedule on my phone with things that I need to do like homework, shower, clean, etc., and have made a to-do list for the week on my computer. The reason I have them on separate things is that I use my phone daily so having these things that are quick on there as a reminder is beneficial to me and my to-do list is on my computer simply because I use my computer for homework and then it forces me to do at least a little bit every time I need to check that list. Another thing that I have changed that I think has made me successful is that I haven’t set time restrictions on myself or my schedule. I do let myself have ideas of when I need to get stuff done but I do not plan it out behind the minute because I have found that it is so much more stressful that way. As a college student you need to prepare for things to randomly come up or change and just having a general idea of what to do has made those changes more manageable and has made it so much easier for me. 

Source: https://media.istockphoto.com/