Surprises all over

Throughout my past three months, here on campus and taking classes, I have come to find out that there are lots of pleasant surprises. Some pleasant surprises are dorm life, classes, professors, and homework/workload. I have come to find out that dorm life is fun. I enjoy having a roommate even though she gets on my nerves sometimes, we usually work out our issues within the day. The only bad thing about dorm life is the fact that there isn’t a lot of space in the rooms. Having two people living in a small space can become very difficult and overwhelming. I was also surprised about the classes that I am taking. The classes themselves are self-explanatory and the professors explain them the best they can so that I understand and get good grades on the assignments. The class periods also go by fast. I thought that my three-hour lab would feel like forever, but it goes by fast, and it feels like we are done in an hour instead of three hours.

While the dorm life and classes are pleasant surprises, some other pleasant surprises are the professors and homework/workload. I thought that the professors were going to be mean and not explain the homework assignments. They are the exact opposite. All my professors are nice and help walk the students through the homework so that we understand the assignments to get good grades. I have learned that the professors want you to succeed so they are willing to help you and explain the assignments or lessons to you if you don’t quite understand them. Another thing that I thought was a pleasant surprise was the homework load. I thought that I would be doing homework until midnight. However, with good time management, I can be done with homework by eight at the latest.

Photo credit: classroom clipart