Fists Through Screen

Online classes are a great way to earn college credit at your own pace wherever you want. While there are some great pros to doing online classes, like the flexibility you have, and the convenience of working whenever, I believe that the cons greatly outweigh the pros.

One thing about online classes that I dislike is the disconnect when I’m learning. I have discovered over the semester that I learn concepts much easier in person, compared to being behind the screen trying to make sense of new concepts. The professors also give out a lot of tedious busy work in online classes versus face-to-face classes. From discussion boards to an essay about how you’re feeling this week. I really dislike the filler work aspect of online classes and would much rather be tested on my knowledge than write essays. I have also had quite a few technical issues with different assignments being hard to access or turn in.

The biggest issue I have with online classes is how much easier it is to cheat in online classes versus having a professor watch you in face-to-face classes. I find it frustrating that kids in the same classes as me but taking them online can cheat on tests as much as they want, while in some classes I can’t even use my notes. Cheating is unfair to other students who are taking the class in person and getting worse grades because they cannot cheat, but also to the student cheating because you learn nothing from cheating. I think this is a big problem and needs to be changed because what you’re learning in college is important for when you have a job so it’s very important to truly learn topics and not cruise through them to get them done.

https://claesjonasson.design/how-to-not-rebuild-your-computer-from-scratch/