Surprising Success

Will Guyette

Professor Linda Toonen8 Things Successful People Do on the Lunch

First-Year Writing TTH/9:30

14 Nov. 2023                                                                                                      Source here

Surprising Success

So far, my performance in college has been better than I expected. I definitely have that procrastination bug like everyone else, but I manage to move past it most days. Despite the urge to put assignments off, I have yet to miss any of them, surprisingly. I’m actually getting a lot more done in my classes than I thought too. I expected to get behind more often than not and it’s actually quite the opposite. I’ve also been pretty good at making it to class on time, which is surprising because I have to always go through morning traffic, which is rough. Overall I’m doing very good with college, way better than I thought, and I’m very proud of myself for it. The classes I expected the most out of me were my writing class, how fitting, and my business statistics class. I just find it hard to sit still for a long time and write a lot of words, but I’m managing. As for statistics, I have just never taken a stats class so I was worried about encountering new math, which I have, but I’m actually doing very well in that class.

Although I still could use some improvement on some things. I have horrible time management and usually wait until the last few days to get things done, even though they still end up getting really good grades. I also could definitely improve on getting more involved on campus. I haven’t been to any games or anything or been seriously involved in any campus events. I definitely want to go to more games because of how good I’ve heard our basketball teams are, and I really love to get loud and rowdy at games. My college abilities so far have really exceeded expectations but aren’t perfect, but that’s okay with me because I’m still doing well so no complaints from me! The best strategy I use to get my work done has to be just getting it done the same day it’s assigned. Usually, I either go to the Phoenix lounge or the union and just listen to music while I get my work done. The phoenix club’s atmosphere makes it so much easier to focus on getting my work done, but I still have yet to understand why? That’s the only real strategy I use because it works every time, so I mean if it’s don’t broke don’t fix it!