Wild Card

College is like putting down a wild card in UNO; you never know what to expect. It might work out really well or it might end in a disaster, and there really is no in between. If students go into college with the mindset that it’s going to end in a disaster, they’re setting themselves up for failure. My advice for future freshmen would be to go into college with the mindset that they’re going to flourish and grow as not only a student but a person as well. One thing that will make a student successful in school and growing as a person would be focusing on themselves. This means finding a community that they feel they can belong to, whether that be going to clubs, going to activities around campus, or going around and meeting new people. This may also be focusing on themselves. This may look different for some, but for me some things that worked well were going to the gym when I had free time, connecting with new people, and trying out new coffee shops. 

When it comes to school, one piece of advice I would give is to not stress yourself out with the work, and not procrastinate. I have noticed throughout my college experience so far, if you get your work done early, you will not feel as stressed. The workload may sometimes be overwhelming, but always remember to take a deep breath and focus. There may be bumps along the road which may throw you off such as having an issue with a class, professor, or friend, or just having a bad day. However, always remember that you have a community behind you backing you up, and have many people around you that want to help you. At the end of the day, I am glad that I put down the wild card with college, and decided to try it. So far it has worked for me, and I am loving every step of my journey.

Download Uno Wild Card Wallpaper | Wallpapers.com

uno wild card – Search Images (bing.com)