No Regrets

Beginning a new journey in life is something fun and exciting, especially stepping out into life on your own. College brings many new changes and responsibilities like having to be on top of your own schedule, doing laundry and remembering to feed yourself, but I think people get too caught up in these chores. Having the life experiences I do, there certainly are things I regret. I wish that I had taken more time to hang out with my friends instead of staying in to do my laundry or cleaning. I always enjoyed hearing my friends tell stories about the night before, or about a crazy hike they went on that day or the fun they had at the beach, but sometimes I really wished I had done the “irresponsible thing,” and put my chores off to go and have fun. There are things I do not regret missing, but are many more times that I do regret not tagging along. 

This advice can be taken in a very wrong way. The thing about college responsibilities is that they affect the rest of your life. Spending too much time doing fun things and not studying can cause you to fail and drop out, but everything is good in moderation. Stay on top of your studying, first and foremost, but also realize that in a few years you will give anything to go back in time and spend one more night in the college dorms with your friends. You are only here for four years. Be smart. Take the chances to adventure now while you are young and only have to worry about yourself. It is okay to wake up tired the next day. It is okay to have a late night and then come back and do some minor chores. I promise you that your dirty laundry can wait until tomorrow. The dishes aren’t going anywhere. Take some time to make memories that you won’t be able to when you graduate; you cannot relive it, but only regret it. 

Picture Source: This was the last big group photo I took with my buddies in Hawaii. Take pictures; they last forever.