My Hand Is Cramping

When college started, I wasn’t sure how effective my current time management tips would be. I figured that I would have to do some experimenting with new ways that might work for me in this environment. However, I have learned that having a roommate is not helping with my habits. She will talk to me as she sees me sitting on my laptop obviously doing homework. When I know that she is doing homework, I keep my mouth shut and try not to make a bunch of noise. However, I found that working with one friend specifically to do homework, helps both of us stay focused, otherwise I would need to be alone. We need to be in a room with just the two of us. After I realized some of the factors that were negatively affecting my time management, I decided to cut them off and figure out different ways that work for me. 

Fortunately, after trial and error, I was able to figure out some secrets that help me study and stay focused. First of all, I need to either be in my dorm room alone or at the library. At my dorm, I keep a quiet show on in the background, but when I go to the library, it is silent. I haven’t noticed either one is better than the other.  I usually like to have background noise on in general. Sticky notes have been my best friend since starting college. Writing out everything I need to do helps me stay focused and organized. I cross it off once I do it and I take it off of my to-do list on canvas. I can also place them where I want to grab my attention.  I usually do homework for about an hour and then take a five-minute break. This helps me not get too worn out. Before I start studying or doing homework, I also make sure I have everything I need so I don’t get up and get distracted.

5 thoughts on “My Hand Is Cramping”

1. I love your studying idea! I do agree with your roommate problem and I have dealt with the same thing. Great blog!

2. I love your title! I agree with the fact that doing homework with someone else helps you stay focused. Me and my roommate tend to do our work at the same time do keep each other on track.

3. I like the title and how it ties into the post. I like how you listed/described what works out for you when it comes to studying. Nice work!

4. I love your title! I also love that you found a way to help your studying habits. Letting other people know your studying habits can help them find ways that is best for studying.

5. I agree that working with the same friend to do homework helps keep both of us focused. I also really like your title.