My Expectations Mostly Turned Around

Before the school year started, there were some expectations and thoughts that I had about college life. In all honesty, I thought that living on my own would be a little scary because this would be the first time I’m truly on my own. Being responsible for taking care of myself and making all of my own decisions felt really overwhelming at first. In terms of classes and teachers, I honestly thought my professors would all be intimidating and hard to talk to. I thought all of my classes were going to be super hard, and that I would be getting a lot of assignments, homework, tests, and so much work. I thought that I would be spending a lot of time on my schoolwork. I also thought that I would constantly be under so much pressure about classes, my job, and so on.

Even though I do get a decent amount of homework, it is not the amount I imagined that I would have to do. I have a lot of free time that doesn’t involve homework. It is a little bit of pressure sometimes, but I have come to realize that it’s often not as bad as it seems. And my professors are the exact opposite of what I originally thought, all of them are understanding and now that I’m used to them, I feel good about talking to them with any questions and concerns I have. Living on my own was a little scary at first, but now I feel mostly comfortable with being away from home, and I know I can easily reach my parents if I need them. And there are a good amount of resources around campus too if I ever need help. I feel better about being on my own and being responsible for myself.