Encountering Beauty and Bettering Yourself

College is definitely a place to look forward to. Our campus is large and beautiful. I remember when I first came to this school, I was shocked by the huge size of the school, and  it is several times bigger than my high school. Big not just in its size, but in its inclusiveness. It’s an international school with lots of international students, and it’s really cool to see how different cultures interact. The scenery of the school is very beautiful, the school has planted a lot of trees, once in the fall is a radiant golden yellow, so that people feel like walking in a painting. The people in the school are very beautiful, too. I have met a lot of very nice teachers and classmates, including my writing class teacher Mrs. Toonen. Because my writing foundation and ability is not very strong, she often give me more time to talk to her one-on-one to revise. At the same time she always give me inspiration for my writing skills, like punctuation usage, proper bridge, etc . She always answer our questions patiently. You can expect to meet your own beautiful life here.

UWGB Panorama

From: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKoytS48UXTFLayKKolvvecvrqwHtw2ARMVwqIl7Re1ZSOSfy2Q6GPUfn-140wxjHC5L0&usqp=CAU

Now I am going to share some advice that may help achieve success and happiness in college. First of all, learn to be active, actively participate in a variety of clubs and activities can expand social surface at the same time enrich  own live. I often participate in the school’s international student exchange activities so I learned about different cultures and customs and made friends from all over the world. Secondly, learn to utilize the school’s resources to the fullest. Schools have fitness rooms open and good students need healthy body. Meanwhile, the school has learning center, writing center, advisor, library, etc. In my case, I often go to the library, where for me is absolutely a quiet study place to go. Last but not least, I would like to say that we need to avoid some behaviors that will affect us. We need to avoid absenteeism, leaving class easily, desertion in class, and not communicating with teachers in time to make sure that we are successful and happy. Lastly, I hope you all have a successful and happy time here.

UWGB’s , multicultural resource center

From: https://www.uwgb.edu/UWGBCMS/media/american-intercultural-center/images/large/group-multi-ethnic-students.jpg