Beware It’s Time to Adult

Since graduating from high school, I’ve had to get used to the fact that I had more responsibilities than I had a few months before graduation. I began working full-time and found ways to save the money I made to avoid taking out loans. Eventually, I had to make decisions for myself, and my parents couldn’t influence those decisions. Surely my parents can help make the decision, but I need to figure out what I truly want to do and how I want to spend my time. I had to find a way to be more responsible with money, bills, school, and balancing my social life. All the change that happened has helped me become more of my true self and more self-reliant. All that being said, I’m also able to manage my own schedule effectively, which certainly helps my time management when it comes to balancing my responsibilities.

A few weeks into the semester went smoothly until I found a career that interested me, but that required me to change my major. The downside is that UWGB doesn’t provide criminal justice as a major and only has limited classes. Recently, I made a tough decision to transfer to a new school next semester that offers a criminal justice program, so I can be successful later on in life. I’m excited to start something that I have a strong interest in. I’ve had to make many decisions that will affect my life and will challenge me, but I’m looking forward to new beginnings. I enjoy being able to control what my schedule looks like and being able to find ways of organization that fit right for me. With these new changes, I’m able to test out what doesn’t work and what does, which will help me out in the long run. Being my own boss feels great and gives me my own freedom to try out what I want.

Photo Credit: http://surl.li/newut

2 thoughts on “Beware It’s Time to Adult”

1. Im so sorry that Green Bay didn’t have what you were looking for. But I’m really glad that you were able to make that decision and do something that makes sense for you and makes you happier.

2. Good for you on being responsible with money! It is good that you found a career that you like, but it must suck having to change schools at semester. I am sure you’ll like it there just as much as here!