Dorm life

Dorm life has been complicated. For the most part, it’s great. Nothing is perfect, though. Sharing a room with a stranger is not ideal. Even if there aren’t any major arguments, it can still feel uncomfortable. My situation with my roommate is very uncomfortable. He’s very anti-social, except when it comes to talking to people online with the volume all the way up when I am in the room. He’s messy and lacks a much needed hygiene routine. Because of all these things, I am mostly outside of my room. I will be in and out of my room quickly to get tools for studying, and bring it to the lounge where I can focus more on my work instead of what random grunts he’s making. In the lounge, it can also get somewhat distracting, but I much prefer the lounge to my room. 

What I like about dorm life would mainly be about the lounge. I like having a common room where many people can hang out, it provides more time to get to know new people. The lounge is my go to place because there’s always someone in there to talk to. I got to know most of my friends in college. I like that we have a kitchen area to ourselves as well, in case we want to cook. We have used the kitchen to make dinners together before. We use the dining table for doing homework together as well. It helps us keep each other accountable and able to ask others for advice if we need it. My friends and I have also been able to do more things both on and off campus together. We’ve gone to haunted houses together, gone shopping together, and campus events. I think that the socializing opportunities are worth the bad roommate some might get.

What I like about dorm life would mainly be about the lounge. I like having a common room where many people can hang out, it provides more time to get to know new people. The lounge is my go to place because there’s always someone in there to talk to. I got to know most of my friends in college. I like that we have a kitchen area to ourselves as well, in case we want to cook. We have used the kitchen to make dinners together before. We use the dining table for doing homework together as well. It helps us keep each other accountable and able to ask others for advice if we need it. My friends and I have also been able to do more things both on and off campus together. We’ve gone to haunted houses together, gone shopping together, and campus events. I think that the socializing opportunities are worth the bad roommate some might get.