My Cave Life

I live an interesting life because our room is really like a cave. Mostly because our room is always dark or has slight light. My roommate and I prefer not a bright room but a shadowy room. We also usually keep the curtains drawn although we often keep the tiny plants get sunlight. Besides this, we tried to make the room look like a cave. For example, my roommate put a strip of decorative leaves on the wall. We will also make a sign on the door this week to warn others that the room is a cave. It surprised my friends a lot that our room made them feel our room really like a separate room much different from the outside. We are happy to live in the room as it makes a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Besides how the cave looks, my cave life also influences me a lot. Our cave makes me feel safe, free, and comfortable. I can do whatever I want including watching my favorite anime and taking a nap. Personally, what influences me mostly is that my cave life helps me chill out and unwind. However, my cave life creates a lack of motivation to study. As a college student, I should make a balance between my life and my study. But I have difficulty finishing my homework or reading some academic materials when I stay in the cave. I can’t stop playing or sleeping. This phenomenon may be due to the too comfortable room that I even forget I also have a duty to my study. I am trying my best to make a better balance. Now I tend to study in the library mostly to improve my efficiency. Anyway, I like my cave life from the bottom of my heart.