Life is good

After watching one of my favorite movies of all time- Pitch Perfect, it is safe to say that they definitely sugar coated what college was actually going to be like. I have yet to see people singing and dancing in every corner, and there has been zero rif-offs. I still have hope that I will get invited to my first sing-off but for now I’ll just practice singing in the shower. Now, I’m not saying that college hasn’t been a fun experience but there are some things that I thought would be different. The one thing I was most worried about was having tough teachers. I was all worried about nothing. All of my teachers are so down to earth and so polite. I am so grateful for the wonderful teachers that I got for my first semester of college. 

In high school, I was always told that you were going to be so busy, the workload was going to be so heavy that you weren’t going to have time for anything, and that you would be stuck in the library every day. So far that is not the case. Yes, I have work, but it’s not so much to the point where I am drowning in it. As time goes on, I believe that it will get a bit more hectic. One thing that has helped me stay sane and not go crazy with homework or just being stuck in my dorm all afternoon, is working. For a few hours, I get to get away from school life. Working in a hospital is hectic but it truly is the best decision I could have made for my mental health. Even though college isn’t exactly how I pictured it would, I am still enjoying every moment of it. Balancing time has been a bit of a struggle, but I have an amazing roommate, my teachers are all super nice, a job I can use as a getaway, and I am finally starting to find some friends.College Life and How to Enjoy it More - The Katy News