Dorm Life

Living in the dorms has advantages and disadvantages. Some of the pros that I know of are getting easier access to campus and academic resources. Living in the dorms also gives community and more social interaction so I can connect with my peers and be able to get more involved on campus. Like there are dorm activities and stuff to do in the dorm lounge.  I found that living in the dorms is also a good way to learn independence and time management. I’ve been using a planner to help me keep up with assignments and meetings. Dorm life is very convenient and I have found it to be good for me. 

But there can also be cons to dorm living, like the cost. It can be expensive to be able to live in the dorms. And also having a meal plan is expensive since we’re away from home and have to make sure we are eating well. Another is the limited personal space and privacy. I know I value the time I can have for myself and living with a roommate in a shared space makes it harder to have that time to be alone. The dorms can also get very noisy and since I live on the first floor right across the hall from the dorm lounge and right next to the stairs I especially hear all the noise all the time.