Count Me In!

On-campus activities are a great way to meet new people, create memories, and connect with the community. During the first few days of college, I struggled to make friends, however, joining activities that involved people similar to me in ethnicity, interests, or generation, helped me a lot. Not only did I gain friends, but I felt a sense of belonging and now have things to look forward to. This is why I feel that people should get involved with on-campus activities. I think it is important to have that connection with the campus community, and through engagement, people can achieve it. 

I often come across upcoming activities through flyers I see in the halls. Then, the first thing I do when there’s an activity, I would like to participate in is check the time and date. Life can get busy, so it is important to keep my schedule in mind and manage my time accordingly. Sometimes, certain days won’t work for participating in my desired activity. Though it’s unfortunate, it’ll be okay. There will always be new events to look forward to. I would recommend students to participate in an activity or event that relates to them, like your major, your ethnicity and culture, beliefs, etc. I think this is more of an effective way to find a place of belonging, make friends, and connect. 

activity college - Bing images

activity college – Bing images