College Can Be Hell

Hello once again, The Prince of darkness here to talk to you about college stressors. I’m sure you have heard about how great of a place college can be. Parties, new friends, and getting away from home were probably the main points. I am here to tell you to take all the good things with a grain of salt. College can be stressful if you don’t have your head correctly on your shoulders. From my own personal experience, I have fallen severely behind in my classes in years past because I stay up too late, then I end up sleeping in the next day and skipping my classes. Because I didn’t go to my classes, when I would attempt the homework I would immediately fail, get frustrated that I wasn’t finding easy success, and then just give up altogether in the class.

Time management is just one of the many college stressors. Money is also a big factor. If you’re like me, you don’t want to ask some company for help paying for college and then be indebted to them for the rest of your life. Just not my cup of tea. That leaves me to do my best to scrape together enough money every semester to stay in school. The military offers a very easy way to get lots of free help with college finances, at the potential cost of your life. This obviously causes more stress as well because now you’re contractually committed to serving and defending your country as well as trying to be a good student. College can and will catch up to you if you fall behind. Don’t let it!Help for a complicated life -David Raff