The Stressful Life of a College Student

As the middle of the semester approaches, the stress of living on my own in a new environment has really started to settle in. Time management is a struggle as the homework load for classes has increased, I wonder how I am going to stay caught up. On top of the homework there is also the stress of studying for the constant quizzes and exams that are given. I think that studying and homework all come down to time management or the lack thereof. Not only do I have to make time for school, but I also have to make time for myself. Having to plan out what to do in a day and for how long is stressful to me, I would much rather live by the seat of pants than have my life planned out by the minute.

Image: Medium

I also stress about how I’m going to pay for college. I have never had to worry financially about paying for anything because I have never made huge purchases. I also had my parents to lean on and tell me when I shouldn’t be spending money. Now the responsibility sits on my shoulders and it’s scary because I honestly don’t trust myself with this responsibility, and every time I think about it, it gives me anxiety. There are always going to be stressful things in life, but we just have to keep going and always do our best, no matter how much weight we are carrying on our shoulders.