Life in a Shoebox

After living in the dorm for a few months now I have concluded that there are a lot of pros and cons to living here. Some of the cons to living in the dorms are the size of the dorm, noisy neighbors, and smelly dorm hallways/lounges. I wish that the dorms were bigger especially since I am living with another roommate and the dorms are basically the size of a shoebox. At home, my bedroom was a little bit bigger than the dorm, and I wasn’t sharing it with anyone else. So, it is a change from being in my room to living with someone else. Noisy neighbors who are always slamming their doors and smelly areas in the dorms that smell like cat pee are the biggest cons to living in the dorms. Our neighbors try and be quiet when it is late but sometimes, they are just loud.  The smelly hallways and lounges are bad. It is hard to get that smell out but at least my dorm smells good.

The pros of living in the dorms are I am on my own and have that sense of freedom that I have been looking for ever since high school. I have always wanted to have my freedom from my parents and be able to do my own things. Coming to college has given me just that. Another pro to living in the dorms is having a roommate. Some people would consider having a roommate as a con, but I enjoy having a roommate. They are like your built-in friend, someone who is there for you in the first few weeks when you move up here and the first person you meet on the campus. I was lucky to know my roommate before we moved up here because we were friends in high school. Overall living in the dorms has been better than I thought it was going to be.

Image: google images