Dorm Sweet Dorm

Living in the dorm in my opinion is better than I thought it would be. Before going to college I was worried what it would be like to live in a dorm. I thought I wouldn’t be able to sleep the first few nights or wouldn’t get my homework done but I was able to. Although living in a dorm isn’t that bad, I have found a few things that I don’t like about it. The first thing being the limited amount of space I have since I share a room. At home, I have a bunch of space for miscellaneous items around my room but now I don’t have space for them in my dorm. Another negative I have found while living in a dorm is being away from my family and needing to take care of myself when I am sick. I’m so used to having my mom give me tea or making soup for me so I feel better. Instead, I have to do it myself which is hard because I don’t have the energy to take care of myself, let alone get out of bed. The last thing I would complain about the dorms is that it seems like every night the fire alarm goes off. Luckily my building hasn’t had that happen yet but I can still hear the alarms and see blue and red lights outside my window. 

Source: bufordcoc.com

Although there are some negative things that come along with dorms, I have also found a lot of positives. At UWGB I get my own bathroom which I like a lot since most colleges have communal bathrooms. I find that having my own in my room is more convenient. I also feel comfortable in my dorm because I was able to decorate it with lights and posters to make it feel like I am still at home. Since I decorated it, I am able to do my homework. Another thing I like about living here is that I get along with my roommate. I share a lot of traits with her which makes living with each other easy. I am able to talk to her whenever and about whatever which makes me feel like I am not alone. I am not used to having someone living with me whom I can talk to because I am an only child so I find it nice. In my opinion, your experience living in dorms is mainly how you make it. If you decorate, make sure to be clean, and have a comfortable bed you’ll enjoy it more than you thought you would.