Chocolate and Vanilla

Dorm life comes with freedom and a whole new concept of living, but it comes with pros and cons. A con of living in a dorm is sharing space with a stranger. Living with someone you just met can cause stress, from sharing the sink in the morning before class to trying to go to bed while the other is studying at night. I go to bed at 9:00 and she goes to bed at midnight. Although my roommate and I get along well, we do not share the same interests. I keep my side of my dorm tidy while my roommate keeps hers a little messy. The other con with living in a residential hall is the random noises in the halls or other dorms close to me, especially at night. The walls are very thin and I can hear my neighbors’ television at night. People randomly yell in their dorms and they don’t think about other people.

Source; (College Dorm Life: What to Expect Your First Year on Campus)

Dorm life has definitely been hard for certain reasons but it is stimulating to live away from home. College dorm life comes with a lot of pros. For instance, I get to meet so many new people. Even though I have only been living on campus for a month an a half, I have gotten to know so many kind souls. Having the opportunity to live on campus has brought friendships that I will carry with me after college. Another pro living in a dorm is how conveniently close my classes are. If I drove to class or even if I lived in an apartment close to college, I would waste my energy and gas to get to class. When I wake up in the morning, I have to get ready for class, leave my dorm, walk ten minutes tops to my class, and I am there. Living on campus in the dorms is a new kind of life for me. It comes with pros and cons but it is thrilling to have a new experience.