Growing Up

When I made the decision to enroll in college after being out of high school for five years, I knew it was the right choice. I knew exactly what I wanted to study. First Nations Studies and Design Arts. In the first month of school, I am extremely proud of myself and how far I have grown as an adult. In high school I would have been known as a student who knew what was going on but was a terrible procrastinator. I would wait until the end of semester and print off all my assignments that were late and would cram to get all my work done to at least pass my classes. This was always stressful, and I would regret it every time, but I couldn’t get out of the habit.

Finally, the last thing I am proud of is my drive to try and create friends on campus. I have always had a hard time making friends. I am comfortable with the few close friends that I have that I’ve had no desire to make new friends. However, being a commuter on campus I have realized the importance of having friends in the classroom. In one of my big lectures, I introduced myself to the students next to me and this has led to me even going to lunch with one of them. I’m so proud of myself for making it even this far. Evolving from my shell and becoming a better adult has been one of my most prideful accomplishments.