Goodbye To My Social Life

I honestly didn’t have a lot of expectations until a few days before classes started. I had only really thought about starting college in the sense of planning how to organize and plan my current life, and boy was I very optimistic about how much time I thought I’d have. I imagined being able to work four days a week and get all my homework in, all while being able to go out with my friends and do whatever I want. Facing the reality now I was sorely mistaken, now having to structure basically my whole schedule around my three work shifts a week, and everything else around my homework. Never did I think I’d have to turn down my friends to go out and instead stay home to study, but here I am. This has got to be the worst wake up call I’ve had when it comes to my social life.

Not only was I mistaken about how much time I’d have, I was also very foolish about the amount of stress and pressure I’d feel once classes were in full swing. In the beginning I was handling things pretty well but as these past few weeks have gone on, it seems like the stress piles on day after day. In the summer I had pictured myself being the champ at getting assignments done, on time, with the best grades, all while juggling the other aspects of my life. Unfortunately, that was a pipe dream because it’s quite the opposite of what I had hoped for. I have been immensely stressed out with due dates and having to juggle differing daily schedules, while having to balance work and home life. While I’m sure it’s because I’m a freshman and everything is still newish to me, it’s hard to make all the stress disappear just by saying that. https://www.themuse.com4 Better Things to Say to a Coworker Than “Calm Down” | The Muse