I’m My Boss

Because I am in college and living in a dorm room now, I have more independence and freedom than I have ever had before. For the most part, I am really enjoying this newfound freedom. My mom isn’t in charge of me in the way that I am used to, so I can do many things that I wouldn’t be able to do otherwise.I can eatOreos for every meal if I want to. I can stay up until one in the morning. I don’t have to ask for permission to go anywhere. I don’t need to do all of the chores that my mom usually assigns me. In fact, there are some chores that I don’t have to do as much now, such as washing dishes, and the only laundry I have to do is my own, and not my family’s as well.

Being on my own does also mean that I have to take responsibility for myself in a way that I’ve never had to before. There is nobody around me to tell me what to do, so I am in charge of making sure I take care of all of my responsibilities. I have to make sure I wake up and get ready on time so I can get to class on time. I am responsible for getting my own food, whether that be from the dining hall or going to the store and picking up snacks. I have to make myself go to bed at a reasonable time, do my homework, and do my laundry. Admittedly, it is sometimes hard to be self-motivated to take this amount of responsibility for myself. My mom isn’t here to wake me up if I miss my alarm, or to cook for me, and take care of me in the usual way. It can be a lot of pressure sometimes, but I think it’s worth it to have this new sense of freedom.

Source: Google Images (allegrafranchise.com)

One thought on “I’m My Boss”

1. I really recognize the freedom I’ve gained since becoming a college student to change my lifestyle and live the life I want to live. But being your own boss, not only means freedom, but also the responsibility that comes with freedom, and I think we should enjoy the beauty of this freedom, and at the same time take on the responsibility that comes with it, to become a better version of ourselves.