Big Changes for Good Reason

College can be stressful as well as enjoyable. It has been a huge change for me and my family with me being away from home. I do get to see them every other weekend due to my job. My dad has also taken me out for dinner to visit. Another difference is living with a roommate rather than living with my family. I have known my roommate since February. During the summer she and I were to develop a good friendship leading up to us moving in together. Both of our parents were concerned that we were hanging out a lot during the summer. They were concerned that once we moved in we wouldn’t get along. Luckily, we have no problems. We also have been able to increase our friend group with people we have met or graduated with.

I think college has also helped me break out of my boundaries. I have been able to make new friends, go out, and have fun. I haven’t been very involved on campus besides events that have happened. I just have not seen or heard of a club that I would like to take part in. I also have been able to manage my time wisely and prioritize my schoolwork. I don’t think the schoolwork has been that hard or challenging. Although I do have some challenging classes, I know there are people who can help me, and I know all I need to do is ask for help. There have been a lot of changes since moving in and I can’t wait for the rest of the year.