Adulting

Trying to get used to living on my own has been a struggle for many reasons. I have never shared a room with anyone, so having a roommate has been interesting. We are different personality wise, but we haven’t had any serious issues. However, I am moving from my residential hall because I didn’t feel accepted in Cletus. I felt that I got weird looks, even from my RA, which made me really upset. However, yesterday I met my new roommate and I feel the building will be a better fit for me. Another struggle I have been dealing with is waking up for early classes, and getting to them on time. Growing up, my mom would always wake me up for school. Now that I am on my own, I feel as if my alarm doesn’t even go off half of the time. I either sleep through it, or I turn it off without realizing it.

Although there are some downsides to being on my own, there are many positives. Not having to worry about letting my parents know where I am has been very relaxing. I am able to go out whenever I want, with anyone I want. Just knowing that I am an adult away from my parents, takes all of the stress off of me. I know that they worry because they love me, but I need them to trust me to be on my own. Another aspect of college I really enjoy is the feeling of accomplishment I get after finishing an essay, or any piece of homework. To help with responsibility, I have been trying to set standards for myself. For example,  I can go out with my friends after I finish all my writing homework. Doing this not only helps me get my assignments done, but helps me have time I need for myself. 

source: onlinedegrees.sandiego.