What’s Next?

Going from high school to college is a huge transition to make as a young adult. One moment you are living with your parents, and the next, you are on your own and with twice the responsibilities you had before. A month before move-in day, all I could think about was college. I was worried about the hard classes, living with my roommate, meeting new people, meeting all my professors, and finding my way around campus. All these things are normal things to worry about as an incoming first-year student and I quickly realized that everyone else around me felt the same exact way.  

Feeling nervous for college is completely normal. However, I realized that everything that I was nervous about was nothing I should have been worrying about in the first place. As soon as I got to campus, everyone was super welcoming. The reality of college did not match my expectations. I came to college scared. I thought I was not going to be able to find my place. But so far, college has been greater than expected. I have loved making new friends and meeting new people. All my professors are nice and genuinely seem like they want to get to know me. College is supposed to be a positive learning experience, and I think the people you surround yourself with plays a big part in that.

Source: www.readersdigest.com