So Much Better

I expected college to be hard and stressful. Don’t get me wrong, there are times when it is stressful and there will be those days in the future, but so far, it’s been easy. My classes are generally easy, and I expected professors to be stricter with exams. However, all my professors allow open notes/books for quizzes and exams. This surprised me because in high school I was always told college is stricter and has set guidelines. I know that all professors aren’t the same and some will have their quirks, but it still surprised me that my professors for this semester assign tests the same way. For example, exams are online and can be taken anywhere, along with having non-strict rules for the exam. In general, I expected college academics to be slightly harder. I always had that expectation after watching movies or hearing my friends’ stories since they’re older, they gave me tips on what to do once I get to college. Everyone is their own person, so what I was told proves that not everyone adapts the same to new changes.

I also expected to be more swamped with homework, essays, and exams. However, at most, I have one exam each month, at most two quizzes each week, and two discussion questions that need to be answered by the end of the week. I feel that high school teachers try to scare their students into thinking college is a big scary thing when it isn’t. In high school, I was told I wouldn’t be able to have much free time and wouldn’t have the time to slack. As of right now, I have a decent chunk of time in between classes, but I do use that time to get work done for classes. Students must find what works best for them and be their own person. Going into college wasn’t all that difficult, since I figured there would be a few challenges and found what worked for me.

Source: https://rb.gy/6a46e