Don’t Be Scared

449 Free CC0 Calm Stock Photos - StockSnap.io

Don’t Be Scared

When I first thought about college, I was worried. I thought that college would be super difficult and stressful. For example, I thought that there would be a ton of homework that I would have to complete. I also thought that the homework we would be doing would be super difficult to do. I was also worried that I would have to stay up until 6:00 a.m. just to get my homework done. I was worried about adjusting to living on campus instead of home. I mean sure it’s nice not having my parents tell me what to do anymore, but would I miss living in my home? Something else I was also afraid of was that, would I get along with my roommate? Or would there be problems that I would have with my roommate? What about making new friends? Would I be able to make new friends?

Now that I am roughly about four weeks into college, I realized that college is not as terrifying as I thought it would be. The classrooms are not super big, and the classes aren’t super difficult. The amount of homework is not too bad. I mean sure there is a good amount of homework, however, I would consider it to be the same amount as someone would get in high school. The homework is not too difficult to understand, and I haven’t had to stay up until 6:00 a.m. doing homework. And as it turns out, I’ve adjusted to life on campus just fine. Sure, it was weird at first being far away from home, and it was weird having my own place for once. However, I found out that adjusting to college is just like adjusting to high school. For example, I remember my first day of high school and I was terrified. I had no idea what to do and I thought that high school would be insanely complicated. However, the more I went, the more I adjusted, the easier and better the experience was for me. And as it turns out my roommate and I are getting along just fine. I have also been making new friends and I try to get the chance to talk with them every day I can. So, my advice to any newcomers to college that are scared or worried is, just take it one day at a time, and it can be a great experience for you.

Works cited.

Image from: “450 Free CC0 Calm Stock Photos.” StockSnap, stocksnap.io/search/calm. Accessed 6 Oct. 2023.