Dr. Stephen Fritz, Provost and Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs

UW-Green Bay Chancellor Gary L. Miller released the following statement via e-mail to employees on Monday, October 27, 2014:

I am very pleased to announce that Dr. Stephen Fritz has accepted my offer to become Provost and Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.  He will begin his term in January, 2015.

I believe Dr. Fritz’s academic background and extensive leadership experience will be a great asset as we work through our immediate challenges with enrollment, continue our Invent the Future process and move fully into a shared strategic planning process using the UPIC model.

Over the next month or so Dr. Fritz and I will be developing a plan of action for his term as Provost.  I will consult with the University Committee as we develop this action plan.

Dr. Fritz and his wife Pat will be visiting campus from time-to-time between now and the beginning of his appointment.  Dr. Fritz will, in all likelihood, want to schedule time with campus leaders during these visits and I will keep you informed as these visits are scheduled.  In the meantime, I encourage you to reach out to Provost Fritz at sefritz55@hotmail.com.

I am deeply appreciative of your support of this process as we develop a new and powerful narrative for UWGB.

Gary L. Miller
Chancellor