Deadline to apply: Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021
UW System’s Wisconsin Teaching Fellows & Scholars (WTFS) Program is seeking a Co-Director beginning in Spring, 2021. WTFS is one of the keystone professional development opportunities for faculty and instructors within the University of Wisconsin System. This year-long program builds and sustains a community of fellows and scholars from across the System who focus on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) to initiate inquiries about our students’ learning and to engage in meaningful conversations about teaching.
Working with WTFS Co-Director Heather Pelzel (UW-Whitewater), you will conceptualize, develop, and facilitate the WTFS program, which will include several remote events throughout the academic year and summer. The co-director serves on the OPID Advisory Council with meetings during the spring and fall semesters. WTFS Co-Directors collaborate with and report to Fay Akindes, Director of Systemwide Professional and Instructional Development at UW System.
This an excellent position for developing professional skills in leadership, communication, problem-solving, and community-building, in the context of SoTL. The annual pay is $9000.
- Tenured faculty or instructor in the UW System
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
- Understanding of qualitative research methods, including humanistic and interpretive approaches
- Commitment to equity and social justice
- Experience with online platforms
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and intercultural communication skills
- Intellectually curious and willing to learn new approaches to teaching and learning
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Successful completion of the WTFS or a similar SoTL Community of Practice
To apply – Submit as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject WTFS Co-Director
- Letter addressing your interest and qualifications, as well as your thoughts on equity-minded teaching
- Abbreviated CV with emphasis on SoTL, OPID, and faculty/instructor development experience
- Three professional references
Questions: Contact Fay Akindes – email@example.com. 608-263-2684
This position is dependent on available funds.