In addition to further programming still in the works, CATL invites you to take a look below at some of the workshops, reading groups, and ongoing programs we have planned for the Spring. Click on any of the titles listed below to learn more and stay tuned for updates!
- High-Impact Practices Workshop SeriesResearchers have identified eight characteristics of high-impact practices (Kuh & O’Donnell, 2013). This Spring the Center will run workshops on four of them, with a particular focus on how these characteristics may enhance equity and inclusion in your courses.
- Inclusive Teaching Workshop (Feb. 19, 3-4:30 p.m.)Join Dr. Kelly Hogan and Dr. Viji Sathy for this online, interactive workshop on inclusive teaching. The session will highlight the need for high course structure and model techniques designed to elicit equity in both online and face to face courses.
- Presentation: Creating A More Welcoming Classroom (Feb. 22)Learn from the staff of the Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA) who advise and aid in the academic success of undergraduate students of multi-ethnic backgrounds and multicultural students.
- Reading Group: Agile Faculty (Dates TBD)CATL will be hosting reading group of Rebecca Pope-Ruark's Agile Faculty.
- Postponed - Reading Group: Me and White Supremacy (Dates TBD)CATL will be hosting reading group of Layla F. Saad's Me and White Supremacy.
- Self-Paced Course: Foundations of Teaching with CanvasThis self-paced course takes about five hours to complete and is for those who are unfamiliar with Canvas and would like to start building their courses from a solid foundation.