CATL has a new self-paced course available!
Learn about how Canvas can support your in-person, hybrid, blended, or online course in this on-your-own, asynchronous course. After completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- Use the core tools of Canvas – discussions, quizzes, assignments, grades, pages, and modules – within the context of how you’d like to teach your courses.
- Use the communication tools bundled in Canvas – discussions, announcements, chat, Blackboard Collaborate, and Kaltura – to stay connected with your students.
- Use Canvas to present course materials and assess student learning.
You’ll engage with these topics as you work through the Foundations course, applying them to one of your own concluded courses or an empty “master” course for future use. Participants that choose to confirm their completion of the training course by submitting their work will be eligible for a digital badge indicating their professional development efforts as well as opening further advanced training opportunities.
To sign up for the Foundations of Teaching with Canvas course, follow these steps:
- Open this link, https://uws-td.instructure.com/enroll/6GACEA.
- Sign in with your UW-Green Bay username and password.
- Once signed in, click on the [Enroll in Course]
- You’re now enrolled in the course as a student. Click on [Go to the Course] to begin immediately.
If you enroll in the course and can’t find it later, refer to this guide from Canvas on adding courses to your Dashboard.