Below is the recording of the presentation and discussion with Christin DePouw “Planning for Our Pedagogical Futures” from Thursday, Apr. 21, 2022. We’ve provided the video as a PlayPosit bulb so that you can engage with questions from the workshop facilitator.
To view the bulb, type your first and last name, then click “Save.”
Additional Sources & Reading
- Nuñez, Hurtado, and Calderon Galdeano (Eds.). (2015). Hispanic-Serving Institutions: Advancing research and transformative practice. Routledge.
- Aguilar-Smith, S. (2021). Seeking to serve or $erve? Hispanic-Serving Institutions’ race-evasive pursuit of racialized funding. AERA Open, 7(1), pp. 1-15.
- Garcia, G. A., Núñez, A. M., & Sansone, V. A. (2019). Toward a multidimensional conceptual framework for understanding “servingness” in Hispanic-serving institutions: A synthesis of the research. Review of Educational Research, 89(5), 745-784.
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities: 2022 Hispanic Higher Education and HSIs Facts
- Garcia, G. A. (Ed.). (2020). Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) in Practice: Defining “Servingness” at HSIs. IAP.
- US Census QuickFacts: Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction WISEdash public portal
- Palmer, Preston, & Assalone (Eds.). (2019). Examining effective practices at minority-serving institutions: Beyond a deficit framing of leadership. Palgrave MacMillan.
- Brown, S. & Mangan, K. (2021, December 1). Everyone wants to be a Hispanic-Serving Institution. Chronicle of Higher Education.