The Peace Corps is increasing the number of volunteer positions which includes opportunities for college graduates to apply right now and into the summer and fall. Peace Corps is gearing up for significant volunteer growth, with a goal of 10,000 Volunteers serving around the globe during Peace Corps’ 50th Anniversary year 2011.
The Peace Corps continues to seek applicants with specific skill sets in education, agriculture, environment, health and business, as well as applicants majoring in areas such as Liberal Arts, Humanities, Languages, International Studies, Political Science, Anthropology, and Communications.
Benefits of Peace Corps Service include :
- Paid living expenses, Full health and dental coverage in service
- 48 vacation days over two years
- $7,425 readjustment allowance upon service completion
- Deferment or partial cancelation of some student loans
- Job placement support and federal employment advantage
- International work experience and cultural exchange
- Fluency in foreign language and chance to travel
- Affordable health insurance after service
To learn more about the Peace Corps, the benefits, how to apply or to talk with a recruiter, go to www.peacecorps.gov/application