Panama in January 2010

Hi,

We are hard at work getting ready for the trip.  We have 8 students from UW Green bay and 2 students from St. Norbert College.  The instructors for this year include UWGB faculty Mike Draney, John Katers, and myself. Dr. Anindo Choudhury from St. Norbert College will be joining us for the end of the trip in Gamboa. Of course we have lots of help from others especially at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute. I especially want to thank the phenomenal administrative staff at STRI including Nilka Tiejeras, Orelis Arosemenas, and director of education Nelida Gomez, to set the itinerary and file the permits we need for our 2010 visit.

We didn’t get quite as many posts as we wanted last year, so this year I’m making posting to the blog mandatory!  So expect to see at least one post from everyone during the trip. I will try to post interesting notes and information up until we leave so those that aren’t going also get to meet the people and see some of the places we are going as well. So check back soon.

For more information about the course and its history please visit our website: http://www.uwgb.edu/biodiversity/Panama/index.htm