Mid-Semester Night’s Dream…

I apologize for my lack of writing the past two weeks or so. Once a semester this funny thing comes around called midterms and it sucks up a lot of your time.On the upside, when the word “midterm” starts buzzing in your classes and appearing on your exam schedule it is like a big flashing neon sign that says “Congratulations! You Are Half Way Done!!!”

So, since I’m a little tired of writing essay after essay of applying what I learned in the classroom, I will now share with you some fun tips I learned while here at UWGB.

1.)    The tunnels aren’t scary! When I came here I thought I would get lost all the time! Yeah, after the first week I could just barely make it from class to class without a map. I am now what I would like to call “grandmaster” of the tunnel system! A group in the hallway asked me for directions today- I KNEW! It was a very proud freshman moment!

2.)    You cannot clean fish tanks with dish soap. Sadly, I was never informed, and didn’t think dish soap could harm fish if you rinsed it out. It can. So unfortunately, I lost my loyal dorm fish Paulo. But I did get two new ones. Having dorm fish is a good idea to make your room homier if you’re into that sort of thing.

3.)    Do not walk while tired. Every morning, I stumble to class just fine, but am always faced with one major obstacle…stairs. So far, I’ve been lucky to not simply trip over my own feet and fall…but this morning was different. This morning, I was running just on time for a group meeting so I did not have time to get a coffee and was rushing down the stairs into the tunnels. Wouldn’t you know it…I fell completely down, sliding the extra four stairs, in front of a group of people who were polite enough to ask if I was ok,  and walk all the way down the hallway before laughing.

4.)    Late night projects are best done with someone to keep you sane- or be insane with you. Last Tuesday when I was assigned five essays for one class I doubted myself drastically. I had one day to complete them, and due to my schedule, I really only had one night. So from 8 PM until about 1 AM I was diligently pulling the classic-all-nighter to complete the assignment. My roommate is not someone I would typically be friends with outside of this environment, but when you put us together at 1AM, overtired and giggly, we can have some good times. A dance party then ensued in our room. Twenty minutes of jumping around and singing together, taking silly pictures and exhausting ourselves even further.

That is just a brief behind-the-scenes look at the life of a UWGB freshman. More to come, but until then, I have my last MIDTERM tomorrow!!! Wish me luck!