We often get asked about the proper steps to reorganizing and redesigning a website. This can be especially challenging when there are multiple people or organizations responsible for the site, if the site has been around a long time, or if the site has extensive content.
The biggest piece of advice we can offer is: IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU. Or your organization, or your department, etc. IT’S ABOUT YOUR VISITOR.
Things to consider when preparing a website strategy
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- How can the website be used to achieve objectives?
Keep the focus on your audience
- Why are people coming to your site?
- What are they expecting to find?
- How can the site be easier for them to use?
These questions will drive your homepage features, navigation, and content. Repeat: It’s not about you. Click here to read more »