The following position has been posted to the UWGB Human Resources Website. Spread the word!
The Web Developer position assists the University Webmaster in the design, building, and maintenance of the University’s website.
- Plan, develop, and maintain new and existing web applications, data-driven web pages, social media interactions, RSS feeds, web forms that access relational databases, and general website features
- Build content management system (CMS) templates, elements, and customizations; assist in administration of the University’s CMS, PaperThin’s CommonSpot
- Apply proven methodologies and best practices to design and develop interactive websites; serve as a technical resource for tools and technologies used
- Produce functional and well-documented code; troubleshoot, track and fix bugs
- Perform cross-browser and cross-platform testing
- Apply user-centered design process to create high-quality visitor experiences
- Participate in efforts to bring website into compliance with UW-Green Bay website policies and procedures, accessibility standards (e.g., Section 508), and the University Style Guide
- Provide technical support to departmental web authors, including writing clear and concise documentation
- Assist in administration of website analytics
- Assist in preparing HTML email for distribution
- Mobile web, mobile app, HTML5, and CSS3 development may be added as the University moves in that direction
- Participate in professional development activities to keep up with technology and trends
- Assist in supervision of student web developers