In this final episode of the season, Allee Schramm and Ryan Martin interview more than 15 students from 7 different universities about the research they presented at the 2016 Midwestern Psychological Association Conference in Chicago. Topics ranged from stereotype threat to autism to communication during sex (see below for details). See here for more examples of University of Wisconsin-Green Bay student research.
Below are the research projects and authors featured in the podcast.
- Health Behaviors and Consequences on Exam Grades- Allee Schramm, Sarah Busko, Naomi Semb-Lovejoy, Kayla Duesterbeck, Liza Steffeck (University of Wisconsin-Green Bay)
- Using the Disney Customer Service Integration Matrix on a College Campus- Veronica Caudill, Jarod Schrock, Katy Ashpole, Louis Gervais, Russel Coulter-Kern (Manchester University)
- Cultural Competency Before and After Study Abroad- Michelle McChesney, Annemarie Schwery, Taylor Steele, Kortney Krajewski, Sarah Miller (University of Wisconsin-Green Bay)
- Examining the Effectiveness of PSA’s of Individuals Perception of Autism- William Vogt (University of Wisconsin- Green Bay)
- What Works and What Doesn’t? Valid Cues to Deception Based on Age and Liar- Britney A. Webster, Christopher J. Mugnaini, Jennifer Tehan Stanley (The University of Akron)
- Effects of Stereotype Threat on Female Athletes and Perceived Femininity: Experiment Investigating How Athletic Identity Changes Gender Identity- Abigail Snow (Baldwin Wallace University)
- The Effects of Physiological Stress on Idiocentric Decision-Making- Francine W. Goh (Fontbonne University)
- The Effects of Priming and Source of the Believability and Recognition of Headlines- Sarah Davis, Brianna Bouldin, Hannah Nierle, Cassidy Dyce, Taylor Thomas, Jeffrey Gibbons (Christopher Newport University)
- Are You Hearing Me? Role of Similar and Accurate Perception and Compatibility of Sexual Communication in Monogamous Relationships- Anastasia Gusakova (Beloit College)
- A Toy Study: Childhood Upbringing and Adult Perceptions of Gender Roles and Feminism- Emily Carroll (University of Wisconsin- Green Bay)
- Romantic Partner Preferences and Similarities-Jennifer Carrillo, Allie Schramm (University of Wisconsin-Green Bay)