Naomi

1. When will you graduate? May 2018
2. What are your career plans? I plan on attending graduate school after completing my degree here at  UWGB to become a high school guidance counselor.
3. Why did you major in psychology? I spent my first two years here majoring in Education, it wasn’t until I met our amazing Psychology Professors and started taking classes like Social Psychology and Middle Childhood that I realized I did not want to be a teacher.  However, I still wanted to work with kids so I figured out that Psychology was the way for me to go.  It was a great decision.  I love the Psychology and Human Development departments on our campus and appreciate all of the individualized learning opportunities I have been able to go through.
4. What do you do for fun? In my free time I like to play volleyball, watch Hulu, read, go shopping, and hang out with my friends.  If the weather is nice, I go for walks on the trails.
5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? Studying abroad in South Africa over winter break was an amazing experience. Taking classes at a University there was great and experiencing their culture was very eye opening.  An accomplishment that I am proud of is becoming the Psi Chi President for the 2017-2018 academic year.  I can’t wait to see what next year has to offer me.
6. What’s your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology?  My favorite movie would be “Inside Out.”  My favorite book is “Perks of a Wallflower.”  And my favorite TV show is “Criminal Minds.”
7. What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? One thing I want to accomplish at UWGB before I graduate is to complete a Research Assistantship with a faculty member.  I have been a Teaching Assistant, I have studied abroad, I am involved in Psi Chi, and I will be a Psych Mentor.  Being an RA will really complete my experience here in the Psychology and Human Development Department.