1. When will you graduate? I will graduate this May.
2. What are your career plans? My career plans are to continue with my education and get my masters degree in social work and become a licensed clinical social worker. From there I want to do therapy in prisons and research to see what rehabilitation programs actually work in certain areas for helping them adjust back to society.
3. Why did you major in psychology? I majored in psychology because I have always found it interesting. I was first in a psychology class in high school and wanted to pursue a career in it from there on.
4. What do you do for fun? For fun I like to hang out with my friends, doing a variety of things. Sometimes that means a chill night or going out on adventures!
5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? My academic experience that I am most proud of is studying abroad. Both times that I went I was able to volunteer in communities that have a lot less than I do. Through this experience I became more grounded and thankful for what I do have. Being able to give to those communities as well was an amazing experience for our group as a whole. Seeing their faces light up was amazing. Some of the toys we gave out were the child’s first toy ever so that was really a special experience.
6. What’s your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology? Movie: What About Bob? I recently saw this movie and it had me in tears I was laughing so hard. Not only is it based on a client and his therapist, but it shows how sometimes the therapist needs a break as well. Book: The Mirror Sisters, this is not only a book with several psychology references, it is also kind of a horror book as well. Over all it’s a great read for anyone who likes these kinds of books. TV Show: Fraiser, I grew up watching this show and I loved the whole idea of a psychologist even at a young age. This also probably pushed me further into my career choice as well.
7. What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? The last thing that I will do for my undergraduate degree is participate in Camp Lloyd. I hope that I can make a difference in a least one of the children’s life. Reminding them that they are not alone, this is not their fault, and it is okay to have fun and just be a kid again. Loss is not an easy thing to deal with, and I hope through this camp we can all make a difference for these children.
8. What else do you want people to know about you? I love the show Supernatural, I love to travel, and I can’t wait to start my masters program in the fall.