1. When will you graduate? I will be graduating this upcoming spring semester in May. Can’t come fast enough!
2. What are your career plans? What I am striving to accomplish is to be a school counselor.
3. Why did you major in psychology? Why I majored in psychology is because I have always been very curious with why people think the way they do and why they react to certain behaviors. Also, the brain has always interested me and I love to learn about it.
4. What do you do for fun? For fun I love to run because it helps me clear a lot of stress from my mind. But what I love to do the most is to curl. Yes, the winter Olympic sport where people scream at one another to sweep. You all should try it! I have been curling for 11 years now and have traveled across the country to do tournaments and camps.
5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? The accomplishment I have been most proud of academically is being a research assistant and being able to help run sessions using the EEG system we have on campus.
6. What’s your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology? My favorite movie is A Beautiful Mind because it shows how powerful schizophrenia is, but how successful someone with such a disability can be. My favorite book is called Memory Man. The main character suffers a traumatic football injury that forced his brain to uniquely trigger his memory to never forget anything, also known as synaesthesia. My favorite TV show is without a doubt Criminal Minds. This show captivates my interest with the behaviors of the suspects and what triggers their brain to cause harm.
7. What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? I hope to continue my independent research on Grit- your passion and perseverance striving to achieve your long-term goals and to give presentations on my research.
8. What else do you want people to know about you? I grew up with three brothers, one of them being my fraternal twin.