image000000

1. When are you graduating? Graduation is dependent on what I will be doing the summer of 2019. If I take summer courses, I will be graduating in December of 2019. If I enter a research program, I will be graduating in May of 2020.
  2. What are your career plans? I am working towards playing an active role in researching varying therapies that yield long-lasting results. I have carried a fascination with conscious expansion ever since I learned how to be a student of all and any experiences. Entering a graduate program centralized around consciousness is a key component as to why I pursued an undergraduate degree initially. Attaining a position in clinical therapy where I would have the opportunity to teach others how to problem solve and empower themselves would be a wholesome career and use of my life.
  3. Why did you major in psychology? I majored in psychology to get a better understanding of myself through learning about the underlying processes throughout my development that has shaped who I am today. As my education has progressed in the field, I became aware of the marriage between psychology and biology reflecting of one another. I strive to continually approach the world through a pragmatic paradigm. Learning about behavior has taught me how to align my actions with my ambitions.
  4. What do you do for fun? Without obligation, I enjoy creating compositions of sounds to share as stories. Writing songs is my favorite creative practice because it strengthens my writing skills by elucidating lessons that I have learned or have yet to learn. I find it fun to fill space with sounds that create an atmosphere through live music. I also enjoy recording myself and other artists to help them in their musical endeavors.
  5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? I am just happy that I have learned to care about thoroughly educating myself. Becoming a member of the Psi Chi Honor Society was a great reflection of my efforts, which was fun to celebrate with my family.
  6. What is your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology? My favorite book related to psychology is The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. This book implores the reader to take reign of their own attention by consciously placing it in their present environment. As a gradual practice of being in the moment, I realized how often I was thinking about the past or wondering about the future. Letting go of ruminating thoughts is such a peaceful experience and a great way to choose your own mindset.
  7. What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? Next semester I will be starting an independent study. I think it would be incredibly cool to have a piece of work published as an undergraduate.
  8. What else do you want people to know about you? I travel as often as I can. This past summer I went on a road trip heading to the pacific northwest while camping along the way with my cat, Liška. This is one of my favorite experiences so far in my life.