1. When will you graduate? Spring 2018
2. What are your career plans? As of now I’m looking at graduate programs in the mountains! I would like to take a year off to get settled and find a job or internship in whatever new area I choose.
3. Why did you major in psychology? I knew I loved working with kids so I started at NWTC in the Early Childhood Ed. program. In my children with differing abilities class we toured an autism center and Syble Hopp, and I fell in love with the kids. I decided I wanted to work with the children who need love and attention the most, so I transferred here and have loved the field ever since.
4. What do you do for fun? I’ve been drawing and painting a lot more lately since it’s getting colder. It really helps me relax from all the stresses of school and life in general. When the weathers nice, I love to be outside either hiking in the UP or whitewater rafting!
5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? I’m definitely most proud of the time I’ve spent working with Camp Lloyd the past 2 summers, and soon to be a third! I can’t even explain the love I have for the children I’ve met or the impact they’ve made. In working with grieving children, watching them grow and create new hopes for their futures has taught me so much about myself and the world.
6. What’s your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology? My favorite TV show is the It’s Always Sunny episode where Dee makes all the guys go to her therapist to decide who should have to do the dishes. My favorite book is a tie between The Glass Castle and Grief Girl. And I’m not sure this one counts, but we watched Mean Girls in my intro to psych class in high school.
7. What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? So far I’m pretty proud of myself and my accomplishments at UWGB. I’m also extremely grateful to be a RA for the culture lab, and be able to be apart of some of the research studies taking place here. I hope to finish the year off strong with the most experiences and connections that will benefit my future.
8. What else do you want people to know about you? I just really love this field, especially paired with my major in human development. The past couple years here have helped me discover so much more about myself than I ever could