It’s that time of year again, when we tell you all the reasons why you should get active and involved with the psychology major at UW-Green Bay and all the ways to do it.
We’ll start with five things you should do this week:
- Download the free UWGB Psychology App, available through ITunes and Google Play. Use these links to go directly to it or search for “UWGB Psychology.”
- Stop by OrgSmorg on Wednesday, 1/31, from 10 to 2 in the Phoenix Rooms at the Union and check out the Psych and Human Development Club and Psi Chi Booths. Get your picture taken and be entered into a drawing for a UWGB Psychology T-Shirt.
- Find out what the two student orgs are up to on the “Events” page of this blog or through the App.
- Look at the five types of Individualized Learning Experiences we offer and make decisions about what you can do, what you would like to do, and when you might like to do them. These are important experiences but they are competitive and require some planning ahead.
- Check out UWGBpsych on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat to see what we’re up to.
You can now earn badges for your involvement in psych department extracurricular activities. Here’s how:
Step 1: Enroll in the UWGB Psychology D2L Page
- Login to D2L.
- On the D2L Homepage, click self registration.
- Click “UWGB Psychology” from the list of courses.
- Follow the instructions from there.
Step 2: Check out the available badges
You can see the list of available badges by going into the UWGB Psychology class you just joined, clicking on “Awards” and clicking on “Available Badges.” There are too many to list here but there are badges for…
- Attending P/HD or Psi Chi events and speakers,
- Joining Psi Chi,
- Participating in professional development activities,
- and more.
Step 3: Earn badges
From there, it’s simple. Do what you need to do to earn badges, tell a Psi Chi or P/HD Club officer, and they will credit you. If you have questions, contact Ryan Martin (email@example.com), Allee Schramm (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Annemarie Schwery (email@example.com).
See if you can earn them all!
Are you a new UWGBpsych major? If so, you may be wondering what to do next.
Well, here are 6 things you should do now that you’ve declared your major in psychology.
- Download the UWGB Psychology App. You can find it on ITunes or Google Play
- Connect With Us on the Social Web. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Follow/Like us.
- Start Listening to Our Podcast. Psychology and Stuff comes out weekly and is a good way to get to know faculty, learn about jobs and internships in the community, and hear about interesting psychology-related topics.
- Start Watching Our Career Shows. Psyched for Careers and Psyched for Grad School come out a few times a semester and are both really good opportunities to reflect on your career plans.
- Learn About Individualized Learning. We have five types of individualized learning opportunities (e.g., research assistantships, internships) and they can be extraordinary learning opportunities. Learn more about them here.
- Commit to Frequent Meetings with Your Psychology Advisor. Your advisor is the person you should go to if you have questions about classes, need career advice, or have other questions or concerns. If you forgot who your advisor is, see here for a reminder.
#GetPsychedGB is a social media campaign to help you become aware of all the different opportunities that are available to you through the psychology major at UW-Green Bay. Here’s a summary (in case you missed some things)….